Monday, September 14, 2009

U of M 38 Notre Dame 34 Go Blue

A great Saturday afternoon in Ann Arbor, MI for Big Blue at the "Big House". What a thrilling game against Notre Dame with the fate of both coaches hanging in the balance. Rich Rodriguez finally gave the fans and alums a reason to stand up and cheer. And let me tell you just from watching it on television, I could tell the noise level was at an all time high. Nothing makes me happier than adding a nail in the coffin of the "genius" Charlie (never saw a cheeseburger he didn't like) Weis and flushing the supposed BCS game hype down the drain. I just don't know how Lou Holtz will go on living on ESPN oh wait he will just have more time to shill for the SEC and there new network.

I know legions of Wolverine fans were with me in shocked awe watching a mobile quarterback actually playing for our team and not against it. I know I don't need to list the litany of tortuous games and losses we have suffered from running quarterbacks here. In one afternoon Tate Forcier put his stamp on this program's revival and showed us how the offense is suppose to run. I found myself saying so this is want his (the coach's) offense is suppose to look like with Forcier faking hand offs, pitching it wide, rolling out, scrambling out of trouble and still throwing darts down field.

Now I am not saying Forcier is gonna pull a Barkley and go into his first hostile road game and pull of a victory in East Lansing against the Spartans October 3rd, but he just made that game a whole lot more intriguing. Oops did I just reference another painful Buckeye lost in yet another big game, I am so sorry for that really I am (yeah right hey Pryor learn how to run and actually throw down field like Tate Forcier). Who knows what will happen between now and O.S.U. but wouldn't it be sweet revenge for Forcier to out duel Pryor on that last game.

P.S. A slightly rough stretch for the Tigers but they still hold a 5.5 game lead with JV on the mound and well the Lions were the Lions need I say more. On a personal note please please put Culpepper back in Stafford is not ready no matter how good he looked in preseason.

As Always feel free to post your comments good, bad, or otherwise.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment